(g/t toL https://twitter.com/csswizardry/status/836960832789565440/photo/1)
Simple Debugging with WordPress – by Douglas Neiner, 3/16/10
Describes basic builtin debugging (i.e.)
Turn on debugging in wp-config.php
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ) ;
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true ) ;
And how to leverage it a bit with some additional functionality.
Debugging WordPress Like a Master – by Bradvin, 9/26/10
Recommends NetBeans IDE (free) and xDebug. Describes setup process for local server.
- Smashing Magazine: A Beginner’s gujide to Creating a WordPress Website
- Really Good Emails: Resources
- A List Apart -Jason Rodriguex (May 13, 2014) – Can Email Be Responsive?
- freeCodeCamp = Remi Parmentier (February 11, 2016) – The Fab Four technique to create Responsive Emails without Media Queries
- textlint – The pluggable linting tool for text and markdown
- tuts+: Building Quality Into WordPress Projects: A Practical Example
- literally words – Graphing when your Facebook friends are awake
- Matt Cromwell – Cleaning Out Your Naked Shortcodes
10Up – WP PHP best practices
Writing performant code is absolutely critical, especially at the enterprise level. There are a number of strategies and best practices we must employ to ensure our code is optimized for high-traffic situations
css-tricks – WordPress Functionality Plugins
Been doing this for some time now. My typical functionality plugins include:
- wpmudev – Optimizing Your WordPress Database – A Complete Guide
- Kevin Spence – How to remove unused custom fields from your WordPress site
- envatotuts+ – Tips for Best Practices in WordPress Development