from Pressjitsu: Don’t Cache WP_Query Objects
Cache the HTML you create from the query instead.
I always wary of things with “ultimate” in the title, but this isn’t a bad overview: Ultimate Guide to WordPress Functions and Theme Anatomy
- Carl Alexander – The Man in the Middle: Designing a class to generate HTML content in WordPress
- WordPress – locate_template
- Pure – A set of small, responsive CSS modules that you can use in every web project.
- Otto on WordPress (February 28, 2012): Internationalization: You’re probably doing it wrong
- Email on Acid (March 6, 2017): The Basics of Email Design
- Remove unused styles from CSS
(g/t toL https://twitter.com/csswizardry/status/836960832789565440/photo/1)
Simple Debugging with WordPress – by Douglas Neiner, 3/16/10
Describes basic builtin debugging (i.e.)
Turn on debugging in wp-config.php
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ) ;
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true ) ;
And how to leverage it a bit with some additional functionality.
Debugging WordPress Like a Master – by Bradvin, 9/26/10
Recommends NetBeans IDE (free) and xDebug. Describes setup process for local server.