There is a Java exploit out in the wild right now and Only 9 of 22 virus scanners block Java exploit.
Oracle released an emergency update (java version 7 update 7) yesterday evening (Aug 30, 2012).
This is how I manually updated my Java runtime on a windows 7 64 bit machine
- run C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javacpl.exe (note: use the control panel for the latest version your have installed on your system — on my windows 7 32 bit system it’s in C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javacpl.exe)
- click on the “Update” tab (second from the left)
- click on the “Update Now” button (bottom right)
- wait for the installer to load/ click on the obvious next buttons / make sure to uncheck whatever junk they want to install on your system (e.g. Ask toolbar, McAfee Security Scan Plus, etc.)
- wait while it installs, click on the “Close” button and Bob’s your uncle.