Simple Debugging with WordPress – by Douglas Neiner, 3/16/10
Describes basic builtin debugging (i.e.)
Turn on debugging in wp-config.php
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true ) ;
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true ) ;
And how to leverage it a bit with some additional functionality.
Debugging WordPress Like a Master – by Bradvin, 9/26/10
Recommends NetBeans IDE (free) and xDebug. Describes setup process for local server.
10Up – WP PHP best practices
Writing performant code is absolutely critical, especially at the enterprise level. There are a number of strategies and best practices we must employ to ensure our code is optimized for high-traffic situations
- WP Mayor: Tutorials and Resources for Object Oriented WordPress Plugin Development
- Jumping Duck Media: WordPress Plugin Structure
- Scott Taylor: WP + You + OOP
- Devin Vinson git repository: DevinVinson/WordPress-Plugin-Boilerplate
- envatotuts+ – Object-Oriented Programming in WordPress: An Introduction