- Nothing particularly new here, but it’s all in one place: Fast enough? 9 tips for web page optimization
- This could get interesting: Backblaze B2: The World’s Lowest Cost Cloud Storage
- Alerts when installed plugins contain known security vulnerabilities. Also lists vulnerabilities that exist in other versions of installed plugins. (https://wordpress.org/plugins/plugin-vulnerabilities/)
- Turn Google Spreadsheet into API – Without setup or plugins. Use it anywhere. (http://sheetsu.com/)
- Intro to Underscore.js templates in WordPress
- PaperBack is a free application that allows you to back up your precious files on the ordinary paper in the form of the oversized bitmaps. If you have a good laser printer with the 600 dpi resolution, you can save up to 500,000 bytes of uncompressed data on the single A4/Letter sheet. Integrated packer allows for much better data density – up to 3,000,000+ (three megabytes) of C code per page.
Campaign Monitor provides and online in-liner for converting style sheets to inline css. But see also:
- Responsive Email Patterns
- Mailchimp css reset styles
- Email on Acid’s Boilerplate for HTML Emails
- Foundations: Email Coding 101
- Jason Rodriguez’s Modern HTML Email Print and ebook editions. Sample available with your email address.
- The Ultimate Guide to CSS – CSS support for every popular mobile, web and desktop email client on the planet
Dealing with Outlook
- Coding Responsive Emails That Work
- Outlook: Your Best Worst Enemy for Responsive Emails – pub 10/14/13
- Responsive Email Templates in Outlook: Tips and Pitfalls
Interesting hack from campaign monitor: How to set the order of stacked columns in a responsive email design, using a column table and the the dir attribute.
- Virtual machines: Test Microsoft Edge and versions of IE6 through IE11 using free virtual machines you download and manage locally.
- RemoteIE: Test remotely for free using Azure RemoteApp on your Windows, Mac, iOS or Android device.
- Quick site scan: Run a quick code scan on any URL to check for out-of-date libraries, layout issues, and accessibility.
- Generate screenshots: See how your site renders across 9 common browsers and devices.
WordPress has been gradually moving away from being just a blogging for years now. The final nail in the coffin of that outdated perception is the REST API. As WordPress enters the arena of full web application capable frameworks, the REST API is what makes interaction through third parties part of the core system.
This plugin will provide a list and details about available shortcodes in your current installment. All when you need it most – when editing content.
Beans is a brand new free and open source WordPress theme framework which uses the UIKit front-end framework and is designed to help you build light-weight, fast and responsive WordPress themes.
It works responsively out of the box with a mobile-first approach, it will resize your content and also determines and serves up the correct image sizes for your device. They have streamlined the usage of the UIKit framework so it will only load the required components for each page as needed, this keeps page size down and makes your site load faster – in addition, all assets are combined into one file which is minified and cached on a per page basis.
Like other frameworks such as Genesis, it works on the child theme model, meaning you install the main framework theme and then customize it by adding a child theme which contains your custom code and styling – features are added using the Beans API or from the growing code snippets library.
Color communicates a lot on user interfaces. But not as much for color blind users. They often have trouble distinguishing between different colored objects.
If you only use color as a visual cue for your buttons, it’ll make it hard to tell what the selected state is. Instead of only using color, you should also use shapes on your buttons